Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer time

Summer time is in full swing and Hadley and I have been making trying to make the most of it everyday by trying to do something cool and fun, at least for part of the day. We have our 7 peaks passes that we have been taking advantage of and have been 4 or 5 times already, then we hit the local park scenes, art city parade, and today we ventured to Spanish Fork pool.  I'm a big fan of some kind of trip during the day but most days our neighborhood is where the party is at.  Slipin sliding and running through the sprinklers with the neighbor kiddos is lots more fun than going anywhere sometimes.  Hadley would rather play with all the kids that live around us than hang out with just mom so usually around 10 or 11 she is telling me "mom lets go find some kids".  Which is a little sad for me that I am not cool enough for her these days but luckily we do live by alot of fun kids just around her age and I just happen to really like their mom's as well so I can fill the void and we both get to hang out with our friends so its still a win win situation.

We just got back from our Troyer side family vacation in Bear Lake and I am pretty bummed I didn't take ANY pictures....And it was a really fun time and we even had a little joint birthday party where I made Hadley and Austin birthday cakes and they both blew out the candles together and I was too busy lighting the candles that I didn't take any pictures!!! What kind of mom am I....seriously.  Its the same thing with blogging,  I need to do better and recording my families history.  I know.  But it was good to get some Troyer family bonding and relax and hang out and even just having Austin off of work and around all day was really awesome.  Hadley also really enjoyed that part too and told me over and over again all vacation she wanted "my daddy to do it" for almost everything we did....giving baths, getting dressed, taking naps, helping her eat dinner etc. Good thing Austin is a dad who likes to be involved in that kind of stuff.  I honestly think he was pretty flattered every time she wanted dad over mom. It's a good thing Austin is so cool and deserving because its not so bad that I am being replaced by him as Hadley's new favorite. But yes, Hadley is clearly a Daddy's girl and wakes up every morning since bear lake and says "mom where did my daddy go?"  And lately Austin has to put her to bed every night because Hadley won't have it any other way.

I have some recent pictures of hadley's birthday party of stuff...

 Sleepy Hadley Birthday morning

posing with her princess cake

 ....the birthday song

 her new pink barbie power wheels

riding the raptor at her birthday zoo trip

 Austin on the carosle at the zoo, its hard to see but he is riding a mantis
...and Hadley riding the red panda

1 comment:

  1. You have been to 7 Peaks 4 or 5 times already? Wow! I miss you guys, so we need to hang out soon. I was at the school yesterday, and not only is your room not yours anymore, but also someone totally went into mine and stole some of my bookshelves and stuff! My PERSONAL bookshelf is gone! I am so mad. We are home from Hawaii, so let's chill. :)

    ReplyDelete